Yesterday I talked to my father and got an update on my little brother. He told me he had just talked to James and he was not doing very well. I told him I would take him to see him on Monday. Dad did not want me to take time off of work, but after talking to Gene we
decided that I should go. I went in to work for a half a day and then called me father and told him I was on my way over to get him and that we were going to
SLC. (Funny thing he didn't even fuss about going.) I then called James and found out that he had radiation at 4 and would be home at 4:30 so off we went. I am so glad that we went. James is not fairing so well with the
chemotherapy and and the doctors have taken him off one of the kinds. He looks like a kid going through puberty. He has broken out in a rash and looks like a strawberry from head to toe. He also has a feeding tube. The doctors want him to still try to eat but also want him to gain some weight back (he has lost 25lbs) I know that seeing Dad helped his spirts and also helped my Dads. I am so greatful I was able to take time off and go see him. His children are doing well and seem to be adjusting ok with all the changes in their little world. Catrina is doing ok but the burrden of everything is hard. I would like to tell all of you that read this blog that I am so greatful for prayer and the peaceful feeling I recieve from it. I know that what ever is coming to this little family that our Father in Heaven is in charge and knows what he is doing. I love you little bro and I think of you and pray for you everyday.
2 comments:
Lorie
I wish that I would have known that you were coming up, I would have loved to see you all even if was for a min. God bless you and your family
Sherry
I hate to hear Jimmy isn't doing well with the chemo. He and his family are in my prayers. Love you all! Danna
Post a Comment