Monday, June 14, 2010

I believe in Prayer!



For many many years I believe that faith in our father in heaven and prayer has seen me through a ton of trials and this week has been no different. On Tuesday Bryce went to the doctor for an appointment and ended up staying in the hospital. I went o to Nephi after work to see them. What we thought was a simple appendix bursting turned out to be a tad bit more. The surgery was set for Wednesday and all was good. Until the surgeon got in their and found a tumor instead of a burst appendix. The tumor had wrapped around the appendix and had attached its self to part of the colon. It was not good news and we were all so upset. Gene and I went to Nephi again on Wednesday to visit. I was so upset and Gene put his arm around me gave me a hug and said " things will be alright. What ever happens it is the will of our father in heaven." I called Amber a few times on Thursday. She kept saying things were fine so I took her word for it. Bryce got to come home on Friday but before he was released the doctor told them it was not the appendix and he thought it might be cancer. So off to Scipio we went. Bryce was given a wonderful blessing and the waiting began. In the mean time their was girls camp to think about ( Amber is the camp leader for Scipio) so on Saturday I tried to find stuff for Amber (in Beaver no less) but to no avail. So on Sunday instead of going to Delta to my friends mission farewell of to Provo We went. ( I am sure the lord will understand) We found all that was needed for camp and came home. When we got to Amber's Bryce looked so much better than he had Sunday morning. On Monday at 2:00 I got word that the Tumor was not cancer. I know that all the prayers given and all the hope and faith shown for and in behalf of Bryce were answered. I am so Grateful for the knowledge I have that our Father in Heaven is watching over us. I know that he love each and every one of us. I am grateful that I had a mother that instilled me the importance of prayer and faith in our Father in Heaven and his plan.

3 comments:

Cindy-n-Steve said...

Oh Lorie - we had heard the scary news about Bryce and now that I've read your blog I am so happy that the tumor is not cancer. Yes, I agree with you -- Prayers are answered!

Gene and Lorie Brinkerhoff said...

Thanks Cindy- It has been a long week! I really think it might do me in if anything happened to ANY of our family.

Brinkerhoffs said...

I'm glad Bryce is okay. What a horrible scare!