Memorial Day weekend is one of the busiest of the year for us. It always has been for me. It is not about having a day off of work, it is not about racing horses or going camping. All of this is fun to do but it is not why we have this holiday. It is about remembering those that have served our country and those that have gone on before us.
Many years ago I learned the importance of decorating graves on Memorial Day. I have very fond memories of this day . I know every grave of family on both sides of Millard County. I remember as a child coming to the Fillmore and Meadow with my grandmother and grandfather Moody to decorate graves. I can tell you every grave in Deseret, Hinckley, Oasis, and Fillmore that needs flowers. I have felt the loss of many family members over the years. I have seen my husband at the grave a his dear sweet daughter , his mother and his brothers that have gone before us. The love shone there is like none other. I have seen the devotion of my brother-in-law and father-in-law to get flowers on graves of loved ones. I have seen my father showing the love he has for my mother.
I have felt those that have gone on there to comfort us as we are decorating there graves.
It is for the remembrance of those that are in heaven waiting to give us a hug. It is to honor them.
For all of you that read my posts, My hope is that if even for 1 minute you will stop and remember those loved ones that have loved you. Teach your children about their family and how to honor them. If only to let them know they are loved from beyond the veil
No comments:
Post a Comment